fhi360 Intern, HR Partnering in Washington, District Of Columbia
Fhi360 is currently looking for a Human Resources Intern to support our HR Partners Team for three months in Washington, DC.
This position is ideal for students looking to explore:
• Employee Engagement
• Internal Communications
• Workplace Culture
• Change Management. International Labor Law
The selected candidate will support ongoing efforts to build organization-wide employee tools, and country specific documentation.
Under close supervision, an intern will perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in various functional areas throughout the company. Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. May perform duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports; basic arithmetic computations; assist in preparing written reports; accompany professional level employees on assignments; conduct interviews with clients or internal personnel to obtain basic information for departmental use; contacts other departments or outside agencies by phone to request or give information and other related duties as assigned. Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the company’s organizational structure. Utilizes current company-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Note: Specific activities vary by assignment. A wide range of college majors are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Health, Purchasing, Public Administration, Community Development and Communications.
- • Contributing to ongoing initiatives to publish globally an employee HR handbook
• Building a repository and guidelines for documentation of project start up paperwork
• Working on international HR start up process, and streamlining the data collection for each new start up.
• This includes researching local labor law and/or best practice in various countries.
• Assisting with manage the data collected at start up within sharepoint.
• Assist with the review of the Performance Management process and helping to develop a plan for global rollout.
• Assist with the compilation and finalization of the Global HR Handbook.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
Demonstrates basic understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
Uses basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
Utilizes program specific terminology.
Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
Provides answers to requests for general information.
Records and documents information accurately.
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent in a Related Field.
• Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications or related field
• Academic or work experience related to Human Resources
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Self-motivation, and adaptability to a dynamic environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
• Strong analytical and communication skills • Attention to detail and willingness to roll-up sleeves to get the job done
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.