FHI360 Youth and Gender Specialist in Pristina, United States
Job Title: Youth and Gender Specialist
Organization: FHI 360
Project Name: USAID Kosovo Local Effective Governance (LEGO) Activity
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About USAID LEGO Project:
LEGO is a five- year program implemented through a contract between the United States Agency for International Development USAID/Kosovo) and ICMA, FHI 360 will be a sub on the project. The program supports the Government of Kosovo and US government implementing partners to strengthen the operations and inclusiveness of governance in municipalities with non-majority communities in Kosovo.
Local ownership by both local government and communities is the central principle—nurtured by financial, social and political incentives; leadership, especially of women and youth; and, the participation of diverse actors—reinforcing a process of productive engagement to set mutual priorities, identify practical solutions, and implement catalytic efforts that achieve tangible benefits for all communities. The principles individually and together underpin local ownership, inclusion, accountability and sustainability, which can build the trust and credibility that allow municipalities to more effectively engage in inter-municipal cooperation.
Job Summary: The Youth and Gender Specialist will be responsible for coordinating with program managers and staff to ensure that gender and youth considerations are incorporated into the design and implementation of all project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Help conduct initial gender and youth assessments and ensure assessment findings are reflected in project design and implementation;
· Liaise with municipal Gender Equality Offices, Women’s Caucuses, Municipal Directorates for Youth, Culture, and Sports, and Local Youth Action Councils, and other stakeholders to facilitate gender and youth needs mapping and action planning;
· Work closely with grantees to ensure that the women- and youth-focused grants and activities are technically sound and address the needs of women and youth;
· Provide ongoing technical support to LEGO teams on addressing gender and youth issues.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, international development, public administration or a related field; Master’s preferred;
· Minimum 3 years of experience providing gender and youth expertise in similar programs
· Proven project management skills including project development and report writing.
· Experience working in/with the Kosovo civil society organizations preferred.
· Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and at least one local language)
· Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications)
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the USAID FHI360 project in the aforementioned capacity should send a cover letter, updated CV/resume including salary requirements to: KosovoLEGO@fhi360.org
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.